Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I need eviction assistance , FL. I was served a notice

Customer Question

Hello, I need eviction assistance for Miami, FL. I was served a notice by the Sheriffs office to vacate in 24 hours. This was left on the door yesterday.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. A 24 hour notice to vacate, is the very last step in the eviction process, after the tenant fails to vacate on their own and after receiving an order/judgment of the eviction and remaining. With that being said, were you placed on notice and appeared in court and had a chance to be heard? If so, is this simply a situation where you wanted more time and the landlord will not provide it? I know you said you thought the process took longer, so I am curious as to what has happened up to date, since you should have been placed on notice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I never received an order/judgment. I did receive an initial eviction notice. I am moving next week, Thursday and just need to delay it until then. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and should I go to the Courthouse today to try to delay it or do I need an attorney for this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well no answer and this is a basic question. I will have to search for an attorney to do this for me today. Thanks
Sorry for the delay. When you were served with the eviction notice, did you appear in court and contest this?