How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if you guys can help me with landlord

Customer Question

Hi i would like to know if you guys can help me with landlord and tenant issue.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using our forum, what is your landlord tenant issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my issue is that can she take me to court without an eviction notice after she accept my disability lawyer letter to let her know that she will get my rent money when i got my disability
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
No, she needs to give you a formal eviction notice first. She doesn't have to wait for your disability award to come through (that is not a valid basis not to pay your rent, so she still can evict you), but she must go through the proper procedure, give you notice, first.See this link for more detailed information on the process:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok well i didnt know that she could still evict me because she told me verbally that if get a letter from my ssi attorney then she would accept the fact that she would wait for my settlement for her to get my rent money. I went and got one from my attorney and gave it to her January 1st because i thought that was the verbal agreement. Well five months later our neighbourhood dea served me with papers on the 14th at 11 30ish a.m.and i had to show up the very next day at 9am I never received an eviction notice at all just got served with papers to go to court on the 15th
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
I would recommend contacting a local landlord/tenant attorney (or a housing assistance agency) to help you if possible - you will want assistance in addressing this as quickly as possible.You can fight an eviction based on improper notice, but it will generally only delay the eviction - you still will want assistance if you can get it (try contacting your disability attorney for referrals, or your local bar association).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was wondering if you can assist me with contacting an attorney for legal assistance about this matter to my understanding my ssi attorney told me that she only handles ssi cases
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
I cannot make the calls for you, you will need to do that. If your disability attorney does not have any direct referrals, my best reference would be to start with your local bar association.You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i wasnt asking for you to make phone calls i was asking for phone number referrals but thank you i will try these sites
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
good bye
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome, thank you for using our forum. Please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.
Best of luck with your matter.
Thank you again,

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions