How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Other
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 3920
Experience:  30 Years of experience.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved into a house that I was I was going to buy from the

Customer Question

I moved into a house that I was I was going to buy from the owner, thing got all messed up and she only give me a month to month lease. There was mold in the attic and I ask her to look at it. While they were there they went into the garage that is not attached to the house, there they found my medical pot plants and then they would not except rent they evicted me. I have four people that heard her say she was going to sell me the house,is that breach of contract?, did she invaid my privacy?, and can I get her for medical discrimination?. Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions sincerely, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
I hate being the bearer of bad news, but I would not want you to be misled into expending your efforts, time and money pursuing something that is not likely to be successful. But you do have some remedies.
1) Contracts for the sale of real property are not enforceable unless they are in writing. So you can not successfully sue for breach of contract.
2) Landlord's have a right to inspect the property with proper notice. Given that she was on site at your request it is not likely that an invasion of property argument will prevail.
3) You may be able to file a complaint regarding housing discrimination with the Human Relations Commission. They have authority to enforce anti-discrimination laws. You can file the complaint here:
I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck,
Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.