Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

I live in nebraska. i have lived at my apartment years.

Customer Question

i live in nebraska. i have lived at my apartment for 4 years. i let my lease expire & have been going month to month at a higher rate, because of some problems with the neighbor above me. these problems have been reported to management by myself & several of my neighbors. i gave my 30 day notice April 28th,for May 30th exit. some time after i moved in they changed the required notice to 60 days on the leases,but since i do not have an active lease,i do not have to give a 60 day notice do i? they are telling me i do
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Was the 60 day provision in the lease you signed or was it changed after you and the landlord executed your lease.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Are you online with me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was not given a copy of my lease when I re-signed so I honestly don't know
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Well you need to know that. If the 60 day provision was specifically stated to survive the lease, and it was included in the lease you signed, it would be enforceable.Otherwise it is not. So, ask the landlord to provide a copy ofyour signed lease.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any further questions before you rate my answer?