Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My question to you is a U.D. was filed against me back in Decemb

Customer Question

Hello.
My question to you is a U.D. was filed against me back in December 2014 for late rent payment.
I was in touch with the Vice President of the rental unit informing him as to why I was late and asked him of they could work with me because I have been a good tenant for years. After speaking to him he did state that they wanted to work with me and I was grateful and told them I would keep them informed when I could get rent to them.
I was very late on rent but when I finally got the money from my deferred comp emergency withdrawal fund and handed the rent check to my apartment manager (they had already given me the 3 day pay or quit notice) , he told me that the portfolio manager did not want to accept my rent payment.
Prior to speaking to the Vice President of the rental company, when I spoke to the portfolio manager of the complex about being late, and mentioned some issues about the unit , she stated that if I wasn't happy with the unit that I should look for a
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help..I am not sure I see your legal question as it might have been cut off?.Were you actually evicted after they filed the UD case?.If you can you post your legal question and any further details, I will do my best to help...thanksBarrister