How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 7406
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im renting an apartment under my mothers name past

Customer Question

Im renting an apartment under my mothers name for the past 8 months. My nieghbor brought over a paper she found infront of her door on the ground. Well its signed by sherrif stateing that they will come to vacate me. Iv was never given any notice that i was being evicted by landlord or sherrif this was only notice i got and m lucky because if it wasnt for my neighbor finding it i would of never gotten a notice.. What can i do the sherrif is comeing tommarrow.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
Is your address on the notice that the sheriff just served, or your neighbors'?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its mine
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
All you can do is ask the sheriff to give you a few more days because they have been delivering you notices the person next door. Perhaps she'll give you a letter to confirm that. If you found a place to move to, that may help. They hate to do evictions and so does the owner, because it costs them money for movers & storage. At this late date, you don't have time to go to the court and seek a legal remedy, and I'm sorry, but I don't know what that would be.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats your expert advise? I payed $40 for that..
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
I'll opt out and perhaps someone else can help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just refund my money, you scam people makeing them belive you can actually help and stop their evictions.. Have a great day