How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 7348
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i own rental property in Jefferson county ohio. The home has

This answer was rated:

i own rental property in Jefferson county ohio. The home has been for sale and we have tennants who have been renting the property with no lease. We would like to have them vacate the property. I spoke to them today and gave them a verbal notice that we need them to vacate the property by sept 30th and told them to expect a letter verbalizing that same information. I cannot find a specific 30 day notice - only the "notice to leave premises" form that is used for the 3 day notice. Can I use that form and do I need to have a reason to ask them to leave ?
Hello and thanks for sending us this question. No particular form of notice is required. In order to cancel a month to month tenancy all that is required is 30 days advance notice, in writing and sent by certified mail, or hand delivered, so you know they received it. It only has to say in plain English that their lease is being canceled effective September 30 and will not be renewed for October. Ask them to make arrangements with you for final inspection, turn over of keys, transfer of utilities and anything else you feel is necessary.
I hope that this information is helpful. If not, and you need further information, please do not rate this Answer and just send me a Reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be compensated for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.
Irwin Law and other Landlord-Tenant Specialists are ready to help you

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions