Hi, Miri, and Welcome, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. If I have not Answered your question, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further
1. Can I find someone else for the room for the month?
2. Or should they be paying me my money back?
3. Also, how can I find out if my sublease is legal?
4. Do I have the right to see the original lease agreement?
1. & 2. If a tenant or subtenant rents property for a specified period of time, but leaves prior to the expiration of that period, he or she has breached the lease and is not entitled to a refund of his or her money. However, the tenant or subtenant must be allowed to mitigate his losses and he must be permitted to find someone to substitute for himself in the lease or sublease. If he finds someone who is credit worthy, consent "shall not be unreasonably withheld". Therefore, if you find someone who is creditworthy, then the person who sublet to you cannot unreasonably withhold his consent;
3. & 4. You have every right to review a copy of the lease so that you can confirm that the tenant has the right to sublet and is not doing so contrary to the terms of the lease because if it is an illegal sublet, he can be removed from the property. Therefore, you have every right to see the original lease to confirm that your sublet is legal,
Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,
Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,