How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask touchwoodsden Your Own Question
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
touchwoodsden is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should I take legal action against my tenant for compensation.

Customer Question

Should I take legal action against my tenant for compensation. Not report damage to my property?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  touchwoodsden replied 4 years ago.
Did he cause the damage to the property? What will it costs to repair?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello, I was shocked to find out that my property front walls fallen down. someone knocked the whole of the front garden wall and my tenant has not report me the damaged. I was told by a neighbour that wall was down about four weeks. tenant partner damaged my front door in May. tenant is going to be evicted on 20.06.2013. I sent tenant email and text but no respond. who should pay?

Expert:  touchwoodsden replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. The tenant only pays for damage they they caused so on these facts, they pay for the door, but unless they damaged the wall, they dont pay for it.
You have no claim if someone else damaged it but the tenant simply didnt tell you