barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I complained to her and she stated as I mention in a thread

I complained to her and she stated as I mention in a thread that she did not

have to give notice give notice.

So the law says that in essence we acquiesced to her demands even though she broke the law.

We have no rights, even dated and delivered when we received a vacate notice dated as being served on the 25th but notarized on the 26th. It was delivered and handed to me as a letter from a neighbor.

The thirty days is of no use to us since we have been paying the increased sum even though, and I can't stress this enough, that my wife was not in a frame of mind to discuss anything legal or otherwise.
It reminds me of someone who breaks into a home and when the people inside give the burglar the money they are no longer guilty. The people offered the swag.
Hello again,
.
.
Yes, you understand it perfectly..
.
.
I would disagree with that statement as you can still argue that the 10 day notice was defective because of the incorrect dates. This makes it appear fraudulent if it was served prior to notarization.
.
The thirty days is of no use to us since we have been paying the increased sum
.
And yes, this too is correct. You would have had to have objected at the time of the increase, not a year later.
.
.
But the whole botXXXXX XXXXXne of all of this is that the landlord is claiming you haven't paid the rent and you state you have. So if you get copies of your cancelled checks from the bank showing that you have paid every month, then you win, simple as that. Her entire basis for her action is that you haven't paid. If you have paid, then the judge throws out the case.
.
So forget about the improper notice issue and focus entirely on getting proof together that you have paid the rent each month.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

Please remember to rate my service. If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.