How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask insearchoftheanswer Your Own Question
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 55715
Experience:  Lawyer; developer/owner of RE developments.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
insearchoftheanswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was the victim of a car accident in April. A man turned through

This answer was rated:

I was the victim of a car accident in April. A man turned through a red light from a non turn lane and t-boned my 20 day old car. The car was totaled. I was taken to the ER. I suffered a fracture hand, as well as numerous other scrapes and bruises. I also had back and neck issues. I was out of work for a month and my business really took a hit financially with me out. I had about 47000 in medical bills and $4000 in provable lost wages. My company lost at least $30,000 with me out of commission but that is hard to prove. My totaled car was about 26000. I also was diagnosed with depression as a result of the accident. My new marriage is in a bad place as well. My life was altered dramatically by this accident. The driver was actually impaired. He was driving while taking a new medication that said not to drive. The at fault drivers insurance (they have determined to be completely at fault) has offer me 7500 which barely covers my medical expenses. Is this reasonable? What should I be looking for? Thanks.

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. It is not reasonable. You should be paid all your direct damages......medical bills, lost wages, car value, compensation for any permanent deficiencies to your body, plus pain and suffering to cover your other issues of approximately 2-3 times your total medical costs.

I hope this
has given you information that has been helpful to you. If the information
general than
please be aware that we are only allowed to provide information and not
specific advice.
If you
have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between
your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or
taking a break.

If you do have any additional questions about my answer
please simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide
you with a fully satisfactory answer.
Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is
reflected as a negative rating, reflects negatively on my performance, and I
receive no credit for my answers.

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be
aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is
simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any
information given is simply information only and specifically is not

intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal
advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship
with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

insearchoftheanswer and other Landlord-Tenant Specialists are ready to help you