How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask insearchoftheanswer Your Own Question
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 55314
Experience:  Lawyer; developer/owner of RE developments.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
insearchoftheanswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In December of 2011, I hired a company to do a retaining wall

This answer was rated:

In December of 2011, I hired a company to do a retaining wall in front of my home. They did not finish the job telling me that it was over 4ft tall and they could not finish. I let this go-due to my stupitidy. I want this job finished. there is about 7 stones that need to be placed to finish the job. I contacted the company and they want to charge me $250. I said no. They need to finish what they started... I paid a lot of money $12000.00 and gave a good review on Angie's I have a case?

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. You do have the basis for filing a claim. You paid them to do a job and they did not complete the job. Thus they are in breach of contract. Get an estimate from another company on the cost to finish the job. Then, you should file a claim in small claims against them for the cost of having someone else finish the job. Once the suit is filed and a
judgment awarded, you become a judgment creditor and can have the sheriff serve
a summons on the losing party for a debtor examination. That forces the losing
party to meet the judgment creditor in court and answer questions under oath
about the losing party's assets. After that
information is obtained, the judgment creditor has the power to attach bank
accounts, and/or have the sheriff seize other
property to satisfy the judgment.

I hope this has given you information that has been
helpful to you. If the information seems more general than
specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to
provide information and not specific advice.
If you have a follow-up question, please remember that
there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because
I may be helping others or taking a break.

If you do have any additional questions about my answer
please simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide
you with a fully satisfactory answer.
Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is
reflected as a negative rating, reflects negatively on my performance, and I
receive no credit for my answers.

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be
aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is
simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any
information given is simply information only and specifically is not

intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal
advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship
with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

insearchoftheanswer and other Landlord-Tenant Specialists are ready to help you

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions