Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

me and my boyfriend just moved in with roommates and been having…

Customer Question
me and my boyfriend just...
me and my boyfriend just moved in with roommates and been having some confrontations and problems with the area that i don't feel safe. i spoke to my landlord giving him a months notice about me moving out and he is giving me problems. what can i do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/8/2012
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Are you the only one who signed the lease? What do you mean by "problems"?
no the other room mate signed it too. Problems as in arguments that could possible lead to the two couples fighting because my room mates boyfriend has a really bad attitude and he has got really nasty towards me and in my face before and im scared that if i am home alone he will start another fight with me that can just be avoided by moving.

Then you have to move, landlord or no. Besides, the other people who stay are going to continue to pay the rent, aren't they? I don't see the problem, but even if there is one, your safety is more important.

I have answered your question. Please click on ACCEPT so that I will be compensated. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you wish clarification of the answer, please send me a "Reply". If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully request that you ACCEPT the answer to your first question before branching off into other new questions.
Also, this answer does not create an attorney client relationship and you are urged to consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this answer according to your state's laws and local customs and practice.

but he doesn't want me to until another three months but i can't stay there that long can i talk to someone who can give me legal proof i need to leave this apartment?
Relist: Answer came too late.

I'm sorry to say that no one can give you "legal proof" of anything. There's no such thing. You either go or stay, and there are consequences either way. You have to decided which is best, or worst for you.