Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I just found out I have an eviction…

Customer Question
Hi, My name is XXXXX...
Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I just found out I have an eviction on my record from 2008. I was living with my mom and she got evicted. How can I get it off of me because I cannot find a place for my family and I to live now because of it. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/6/2012
Lawyer: Keebnv, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Keebnv
Keebnv, Attorney

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. If the eviction is on your credit report, then you need to follow the dispute procedures with that agency. You can require that the landlord provide a copy of the judgment for eviction against you in order to substantiate their claims. If it was an error, then you can call the attorney who obtained the judgment and let him/her know that it was an error and needs to be corrected through some kind of stipulation and order. You may have to contact a local attorney to do this for you so that it is removed from your credit report and judgment history.

BizAttorney :

If it is not an error though, you would be wasting your money and it will remain on your report.

BizAttorney :

Does that make sense?