Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

hi, My tenant has skipped rent for 2 months and has damaged…

Customer Question
hi, My tenant has skipped...
hi,
My tenant has skipped rent for 2 months and has damaged the carpet and walls. Inspite of repeatedly sending sms' I have not heard back from her. Kindly suggest what options do i have, the entire damages and unpaid rent costs upto $3500-$4000
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2012
Lawyer: D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney replied 6 years ago
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
You will need to file a lawsuit against her (you can file in small claims court without retaining an attorney) for unlawful detainer (eviction) and breach of contract for the unpaid rent and the apartment damages.