Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

i am currently living in a 2 bedroom apt with my sister in…

Customer Question
i am currently living in...
i am currently living in a 2 bedroom apt with my sister in Los Angeles CA. the are 4 people on the lease, but just 2 people living in the apt. i cannot financially afford to keep up with my rent and i want to ask another person to live with us. my landlord has been trying to get us out of the apt, because of rent control; me and my sister are apparently paying "cheap rent" because our family has lived there for over 15 years. my land lord will not allow us to replace a tenant on the lease, even with an additional payment. do i have any options at this point?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/29/2012
Lawyer: JBaxLaw, Attorney replied 6 years ago
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney

Please click the ACCEPT button, even if you have placed a deposit or are on a subscription plan.

What city is this?

los angeles

Lawyer: JBaxLaw, Attorney replied 5 years ago
Is this a rent controlled unit?