Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My tenant is vacating today. When I proceed with the home…

Customer Question
My tenant is vacating today...
My tenant is vacating today. When I proceed with the home inspection must i allow the tenant to be present.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/29/2012
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 6 years ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Yes, the tenant needs to be present. Moreover, you should take pictures and/or video to document everything, for your own protection, in the event you deduct money from the deposit for repairs and they dispute it.

LandlordTenantAnswer
I am scheduling an inspection for tomorrow, March 1, 2012. Tenant says her schedule does not permit. May I procceed with out the tenant being present?
You need to do it at a time which is mutually agreeable, to some extent. Give her more then one date and time, so work with her and if those don't work and she is unwilling to work with you, you could then proceed after making a good faith effort.