Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can we actually be "land locked" In Michigan relating to property…

Customer Question
Can we actually be "land...
Can we actually be "land locked" In Michigan relating to property that we had deeded to us in 1996, and my Father owned since the early 1940s?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/24/2012
Lawyer: insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
insearchoftheanswer

Good afternoon. Courts pretty much "abhor" (their word) properties being land-locked. If none of your neighboring property owners is willing to give you an ingress-egress easement, if you file a court suit seeking an easement by necessity, in all likelihood a court would grant it to allow you access to your property.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.