Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I was living in a travel trailer at an RV park in Chino Valley…

Customer Question
I was living in a...
I was living in a travel trailer at an RV park in Chino Valley for six months. The landlord wont return my deposit, which AZ law prevails, the AZ Landlord Tenant Act or the Mobile Home Landlord Tenant Act, thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/24/2012
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow ups and my replies because I am typing out my answer, or taking a quick break.

The Mobile Home Landlord Tenant Act (Mobile) prevails over the Landlord Tenant Act (Tenant) if the matter that you are contesting is covered in both acts. However, if Mobile lacks any law on the matter that is the reason for the conflict, the Tenant act is relevant.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you need more information, please use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction. There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, if we continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated. You can always link to my profile for another question at a later time:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-elyJD/
The AZ Mobile Home Landlord Tenant Act excludes travel trailers in its body, therefore, I am confused as to which set of laws is the right set to use in collecting my deposit that has been held for five weeks
Ah, I am very sorry. You did say travel trailer. Therefore, the tenant act (Arizona Revised Statutes Title 33, Chapter 10) applies.

If the landlord is not returning the deposit and you feel it has been wrongfully withheld, you can file a petition with small claims court to recover it, per the Act.