Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Other person with an eviction has simmilar name of mine and…

Customer Question
Other person with an eviction...
Other person with an eviction has simmilar name of mine and I could find where or how can I remove the name or the case from my records.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/21/2012
Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 6 years ago
Thank you for your question.

There is one option that you likely have not tried that may be able to assist you. Consider contacting the 3 credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), and filing a dispute with them. To do so you will need to pull your credit report and find the eviction information. Then through their website file a contest and claim that you are not the proper person for whom the eviction is listed. Under federal law the other party has 30 days to contest your petition and if they fail to do so, the report is removed from your record. Since they are no longer active, they will not response, and the report will be removed.

Good luck.
I did it but this is not related with the credit reporters this is a publilc record
Thank you for your follow-up.

Who specifically maintains this public record? Where is this recorded?
Thank you for your assitance I will handle it from here
You are most welcome, good luck to you!