Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

What option are available for getting a vehicle removed from…

Customer Question
What option are available for...
What option are available for getting a vehicle removed from my property, a former tenant left it when she moved out of state,I have no contact info for her
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/17/2012
Lawyer: mkc1959,
 replied 6 years ago
mkc1959

mkc1959 :

Within New York City, there are two options:

mkc1959 :

If the vehicle has a plate on it, then you can report the abandoned vehicle online at NYC.gov.

mkc1959 :

If it does not have a plate, then you can call 311 to report it to the local police precinct.

mkc1959 :

If you are not in New York City, then call your local police.

JACUSTOMER-z83ghtib- : The vehicle has n carolina plate on it
JACUSTOMER-z83ghtib- : I live in buffalo,ny
mkc1959 :

Just a minute.

mkc1959 :

Phone Number (716)851-5832 / 851-5831
Address: 166 Dart Street, Buffalo NY 14213

JACUSTOMER-z83ghtib- : This is address and number for someone that can help.?
mkc1959 :

Yes. That is for the City of Buffalo and they should come tow the vehicle to the City Impound.

JACUSTOMER-z83ghtib- : Great, thanks
mkc1959 :

Let me know if you have other questions or issues.

Customer : She also left owing rent, and I had to make repairs for damages, she did not pay security deposit,do I have to have her address to file in landlord/tenant court to recover my money?
mkc1959 : Yes. You would have to know an address to start a lawsuit. There are free services that may help you locate her:
mkc1959 : Freeality.com
mkc1959 : Pipl.com
mkc1959 : Strangely enough -- Ancestry.com
mkc1959 : If you search her name on Google, you might find a Facebook page or other reference.