How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 57730
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being evicted. I was sick since october suffered a stroke,

Resolved Question:

I am being evicted. I was sick since october suffered a stroke, came back home on 1/24/12 from rehab hospital and need outpatient rehab, i also applied for disability which will take some time. I was served eviction notice on 1/27/12. I asked bank of america lawyer for more time to gather some money to find a place in which to live but they only give me until Feb 7. What can I do at this point? I thank you for your assistance
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 years ago.
Are you renting or are you in default of a mortgage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
neither renting or mortage. Bank of america took over this house in 2009. I wanted to purchase this house but because of difficulties I could not get the funding needed. Now the bank wants me out by 2/7. I can not meet their deadline and need more time to move.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 years ago.
So there is no order from a court requiring you to leave? If not, you may wait for them to obtain one. if they petition the court, you may cross move or otherwise ask for additional time or stipulate in court for a later date based on hardship.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, I will go down to the courts for hardship extension.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 years ago.
Good luck
Kindly click ACCEPT, its the only way I get credit by JA.
Infolawyer and other Landlord-Tenant Specialists are ready to help you