Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am being sued from my former landlord for 47,000she reduced

I am being sued from my former landlord for 47,000she reduced the amount to 15000and gave me 6 months to pay and finish my crops i paid her payment of 3000.00 which she accepted. After 3 months she rented the ground to another farmer who disked up my crops and stole my farming equipment Do I owe her 47000 dollars and can she sue me
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: I am being sued from my former landlord for 47,000she reduced the amount to 15000and gave me 6 months to pay and finish my crops i paid her payment of 3000.00 which she accepted. After 3 months she rented the ground to another farmer who disked up my crops and stole my farming equipment Do I owe her 47000 dollars and can she sue me

Response: Unfortunately, yes she can sue you for the whole $47,000.00 minus the $3,000.00 you have already paid if you did not pay the remaining $12,000.00 within six months as you agreed but only if the agreement says that deal was off if the whole of $15,000.00 was not paid within six months. Otherwise, she can only sue you for $12,000.00. However, you can countersue her for loss of your crops and farming equipment because she re-rented the place to another farmer before the 6 month-agreement was up.