Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Can i be evicted on the weekend

Customer Question
can i be evicted on the weekend
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/23/2009
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
The notice of eviction is for business days only, which means Monday through Friday. Since the eviction notice is for business days, then the eviction cannot end on a weekend. However, a court ordered eviction can occur on any date the court orders, including weekends.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney