Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I just got a orange wrench light that came on while driving…

Hello i just got...

Hello i just got a orange wrench light that came on while driving in my 2011 kia optima Ex Hybrid Was wondering what it could be

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Wrench light

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your EX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

11/11/2020
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call.

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your 2011 kia optima Ex Hybrid . I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem.

What that light there could be a number of failures, you would need to get the vehicle scanned to know whats going on, auto zone can do a free scan if you want to run bu there, if not you can just take it in to the dealer and have them look at it, if you have any questions while its in the shop just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ran a scan myself and i got the code of P1A86 , i really appreciate your response

Im not pulling anything up for that code, is that correct? also your do have the 2011 optima hybrid correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do, i had plugged in my obd2 reader and for some reason that was the code i was getting is P1A86Well i arrived home about 5 minutes ago it stayed on solid, i turned it off went out to check it again just now and its no longer on not to sure why

could be a charging system issue with the hybrid battery, hard to say though, try to drive it tomorrow and monitor it, if you get another code come up snap a pic of the scanner screen and send it, it would be good to see the verbiage with it as well

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awesome i appreciate that, so nothing to worry about as of now just monitor it?

Correct, you will be ok, hopefully it was just a glitch, it happens sometimes with those and there is no fault. But if something else pops up just let me know.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician