Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Climate control fan switch only works on 1-3, but not on 4.

Customer Question
Climate control fan switch...

Climate control fan switch only works on 1-3, but not on 4. Soul, 2015.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'd change the switch myself, but have no clue how to get to it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Any recalls?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
6/1/2018
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

This is going to be the climate control or the FET transistor that controls the ground for blower speeds via resistance.

Do you have manual or auto HVAC? Can you do electrical testing?

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Kia Soul. Basic model. 2015. Standard transmission. How do I get the fan switch control out to replace it. The dash looks complete like it is one big piece.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris