Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I ordered a post cat O2 sensor for my 2005 Kia Rio but the…

Customer Question
I ordered a post...

I ordered a post cat O2 sensor for my 2005 Kia Rio but the one which I received is not the same as the one which we took off., which was a part no.(###) ###-#### Have they upgraded the part or have we got the wrong one now or wasthe wrong one in the car in the first place?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

The wires are fine and we have already replaced the pre cat O2 sensor a few months ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are fixing it ourselves and we have removed the old rear sensor which took a lot of hours as it was seized up. After finally removing it some of the thread was stripped but we think enough is salvageable to insert the new one after filing the thread down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really, thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
5/28/2018
Kia Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
What's different about the new sensor is it just a different connector? Which part number is ***** one that you received? Many oxygen sensors function exactly the same internally you might be able to rewire this one. Auto parts stores sell thread Chasers to chase threads for the O2 sensors. I recommend you get one of those, it's pretty easy to strip the threads on the new sensor so you want to fix the threads before you try inserting it.If I answer your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my answer because that's the only way the state pays me for my time.Also the fact that your oxygen sensors are all failing tends to lead me to believe that your vehicle is running incorrectly because typically oxygen sensors are modern vehicles don't fail very often, it's generally that the vehicles not running properly.