Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Came home yesterday,got off highway and my 04 Kia optima…

Customer Question
Came home yesterday,got off...

Came home yesterday,got off highway and my 04 Kia optima just stopped on me , when I tired to start it all it's doing is making a 1 click sound. I took out starter & battery to go get it tested both was good. Put parts back in still 1 click symptoms

Mechanic's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Optima?

Don't understand u

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Optima? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday night ,I test battery & starter both was good

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
5/26/2018
Kia Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician  replied 2 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, do you still need help with this?

Great, what engine do you have and when was the timing belt replaced last?

Are you mechanically capable or will you need to find a shop to do the work?

Checked timing belt also it was good
2.4L

Can you check that the engine can be turned with a wrench on the crank bolt?

Do the lights stay on when you hear the click?

How long since the belt was replaced and what was checked to determine the belt is good?