Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Have two codes coming up on 2011 Kia Sportage LX 2.4L P200A…

Customer Question
have two codes coming up...
have two codes coming up on 2011 Kia Sportage LX 2.4L
P200A Intake Manifold Runner Performance Bank1
P0076 Intake Valve Solenoid Circuit Low Bank 1
It starts sometime first time and runs good and then sometimes it takes several time turning it over to start the car but when it does start it runs good.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Kia Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician  replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The code that stands out here and is also a known concern is the code P200A. Kia has released a service bulletin dealing with this code that calls for replacing the VCM Actuator and having the ECM programming updated. I have enclosed service bulletin in the link below. Have a look at it very likely applies to the shard starting problem you are having.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vrw2k8xqa78cl1/P200A%20May%2025.pdf?dl=0

is this a warranty thing were i can take it to a kia dealership and they would cover the cost

Its a service bulletin and they are not usually covered by warranty, the programming will need to be done by your dealer as well. I would contact them with your vin number and see if it has not been done and if not then consider having it done.

they are saying they don't show that this needs to be done to this vehicle

It, not a matter if it needs to be done, its a matter of if it has been done and if it has not then it should be .

I’ve ordered the VCM and will get this put on and then take it to the dealership and have them update the ECM and go from there

That is sure what I would do as well.

changed the part out and P0076 is now the only code that's coming up

The code P0076 indicates you have a problem with the intake oil control valve either due to a bad valve or the circuit to it. You are going to need to do some testing.See the steps in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmsuoh2gxgaos9q/oil%20control%20vlave%20Jun%201.pdf?dl=0

See the location in this link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vusw71u86z2elp/Intake%20oil%20control%20vlave%20Jun%201.pdf?dl=0

Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.