Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The break lights come on but it won't come out of park. All…

Customer Question
The break lights come...

The break lights come on but it won't come out of park

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

All fluids are fine. Changed a month ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2009 sedona

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

I trie pushing a screwdirver in the hole beside the shifter with my foot on the break

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
Sometimes when I'm driving, shifting from drive to park is sticky. Then I can't put it into park. It's been going on for 2 or 3 days
5/2/2018
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you able to get into the shifter assembly so we can do some electrical tests?

All of my fluids are fine and have been changed recently.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris