Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

It’s giving me engine code p2006 and p0170. It’s the exact…

Customer Question
It’s giving me engine...

It’s giving me engine code p2006 and p0170

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

It’s the exact code, no I havnt. The guy at auto parts store that did scan said he could not reset it it’s their policy

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2011 sorrento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was going to try to. I havnt done anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It’s running ok, but it’s giving me all the symptoms of the intake runner actuator that’s not working. From what I’ve read anyway

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Kia
4/4/2018
Kia Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you got a description of the code yet? I will check into this tomorrow and get back ASAP