Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Have replaced all fuses in both fuse boxes found that memory…

Customer Question
have replaced all fuses in...
have replaced all fuses in both fuse boxes found that memory fuse was not there replaced it.
now have a radio and dome light but still no electric windows or heater blower motor
Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 19 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can I get the year, make model?

Auto or manual HVAC?

Do you have a test light or volt meter?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
2002 kia Sportage 5 spd test light
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 18 days ago
Did you have operating blower and widows prior to replacing fuses?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
the person I bought the car from said they did, they also said the last time it was started (battery was completely dead)
they jumped it but they had reversed the jumper cables horns and whistles were going off but turned over but no start
till they put cables on right way
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
main fuse was blown (60 amp) the memory fuse was not even installed in car put that in and got radio and interior light back
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
but still have no power windows or heater blower motor
or cig lighter

I do not work on cars where cables are reversed. It is an electrical mess. I can post the wire diagrams for the issues you mentioned but beyond that, I can not diagnose it, I would need to opt out.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I have the wiring diagram for both power windows and a/c heater systems but what are the wire color codes
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
can you get me some one who does work on that type of thing?

Opting out now, best of luck.

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago
eric remington

Hello I'm here to help

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

I have been repairing vehicles for over 35 years. The way I check fuses is to use a test light or meter. start vehicle, turn on lights and ck every fuse, both sides of fuse, in every fuse box (some vehicles have 3 or 4)...using an owners manual provides a map. sometimes the cover will identify the fuses. If you still don't know which fuses to check and I still ck all (because sometimes a fuse on one circuit can affect another circuit) fuses. a test light is preferred method for me. I am here if you have questions. if this task is beyond your abilities let me know and I will advise further.

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

The reason you want to ck this way is because simply looking at fuse does not mean that the fuse is receiving or transferring power

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

wo​uld you like instructions on checking blower motor...I AM also available for phone calls

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

I'm willing to help you diagnose it. I am here for you to fix your vehicle

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

Do you have owners manual

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I have both but prefer to use test light myself. don't have owners manual but have the wire diagrams for both the power windows and heater blower motor. I'll explain to you what I've told the others. 2002 sportage just bought it. Lady I got it from said it all worked before the last time they started it. Battery was completely dead. They jump started it but said bells, whistles, and horns were going off. would cranked over but not start. found that person connected jumper cables backwards. connected them properly and car started. after that car had no radio, interior light, power windows or heater blower motor.I found that the main fuse in fuse box under hood (60 amp) popped. replaced it. still nothing. looking more I found memory fuse popped. replaced it. got radio and interior light back. still no power window motors or blower motor. still looking for more reasons for this.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
have checked btn1 fuse, heater fuse and window fuse all good.
Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

how did you check

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

hello?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
with test light. won't be home till late today also need the color code abbrevations for wire diagrams to chase down wires
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
goint to turn the fuse boxes over and test all fuse that way with test light.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
till tonight later
Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

you don't need to trun fuse box over..in each fuse there will be a little silver tab for you test...you aren't the first that didn't know that

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

dont worry, take your time, I will be here for you

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
hello,
Did check on all fuses. With key on fuse box under hood had power to all but 02 up, 02 dn and f/pump, interior fuse box had power to all but eng, head hi, head lo and st sign
Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 17 days ago

start car and check fuse 2

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 17 days ago

get me vin number and I will get you schematics. I can help you trace down blower motor circuit. Any circuit you wanna ck I can provide schematics and technical assistance as needed. let me know which schematic you wish and soon as I get vin I will provide that

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
which is fuse 2
KNDJB723025120319
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
only fuse I don't have power to is st sign
Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 16 days ago

y​es good job...fuse for starter signal only works when key in crank position. headlight fuses may only lite up when headlights are actually on high beam low beam etc . So you would like a schematic for blower motor circuit and window circuit?

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 16 days ago

I​ tell you what I will do...I will provide that for you and phone call assistance included with a premium service

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 16 days ago

This is due to the amount of time involved

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
my number(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
please and color codes like b or bn for brown
Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 16 days ago

J​ust Answer policy for phone calls. You must accept request

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 13 days ago

D​o you still require assistance?

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
still not figured out problem, but nothing more you can do for me. think going to take it to electrical shop let them figure out heater problem. to complicated for me. I have learned a lot about electrical problems from your help. Thank You for all your
help and assistance. Oh! was the relay on power windows.
Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician