Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Have an 08 Kia Sedona that has an oil light that will come…

Customer Question
Have an 08 Kia Sedona...
Have an 08 Kia Sedona that has an oil light that will come on after about 5-10 minutes of running. Oil level is a little over filled, would this cause the light to come on?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
4/2/2018
Kia Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

No that should not trigger the oil light but is not good for the engine as it may lead to blowing seals and gaskets so you might want to correct that. Do you have or can get someone to do an oil pressure test ?

In most cases if you don't hear any engine noises such as knocking it will be the oil pressure sending unit but always play it safe and do a pressure test first. I will check back with your results tomorrow and help you further if need be.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.