Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

There are 2 lights on that should go off, the TPMS and the…

Customer Question
There are 2 lights...

There are 2 lights on that should go off, the TPMS and the ESC light. The TPMS light blinks for awhile and then stops blinking and is steady. The ESC blinks then stays on. ECS is working because I tested it, then turned it off and tested it again. Also Cruise Control will not work and really strange is the heated seats do not work either. I have taken it to 3 different Kia service departments and one said it was brake light switch, it was replaced, another said it was a relay and then said oh that relay is not there so is not the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

All 4 tires are fine, in fact 2 were replaced about 2 weeks ago and this problem has been there for several months.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2013 Soul !

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it myself now that the service departmens do not seem to be able to figure it out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need wiring schematics and a very good explanation of how all the sensors and things are connected. Even the service person does not have a wiring diagram.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
Note: car is still under warranty and has a little over 40k miles.
I have additional service contracts on this car, full maintenance for 5 years/60k miles as well as road hazard for my tires and rims.
I think I mentioned that it has been to at least 3 different dealers service departments too. Some very good Kia mechanics have looked at it and best they could tell me is that it appears to be a high resistance in some of the wiring, just not which wires.
Hello anybody there????
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Main thing I want is to get the cruise control working, I need it as my foot is a bit heavy... :)
Marked it urgent because in a few hours I am going to a friends house to work on it some more and can use as much help as I can get. Thanks....
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago
eric remington

I​f kia cant figure it out then we can try to go thru on phone..u have vin number

Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

I do have factory repair info

VIN: KNDJT2A6XD7590022I am retired and on low fixed income and do not get my check until the 11th this month.
Well even the service reps at the Kia dealer do not have much more than block diagrams and I need a full electrical schematic with connection info and wire colors...
Kia Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

ok do this when the 11th comes around resubmit this request and ask for me

Hoping to have it fixed before then. I was actually thinking of going to the Kia factory in South Georgia, it is only about an hour from me. If i don't and still do not have it fixed on the 11th might come give you a shout. I also have made stereo changes, it came with a 300 watt amp and an 8" speaker, I have added a BOSS 1000 watt 8" hideaway and mounted it on the back of the passenger seat in the back. Also have a 480 watt ap in the cargo area onnected to 2 marine speakers behind the back bumper, When I have them all on I have over 1700 watts of power....