Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The remote control key cannot open my KIA Rio. It's in good…

Customer Question
The remote control key...

The remote control key cannot open my KIA Rio.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No, it's in good condition

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Rio?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to shake it hoping it could loosen the lock but did not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much am I ecpecting to spend?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Kia
3/31/2018
Kia Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

sorry for the delay..........
IF your Remote will NOT Lock or UNLOCK your KIA, you need to have the Remote Tested prior to any repair
Most Auto Parts Store will Test for FREE
IF the Remote does show a signal, then you may have to replace the Batteries or Replace the Remote
IF you Replace the Remote, you will need to have the New Remote Programmed to the Kia
.

Let me know if you need further

My husband was able to fix the problem, which is dead battery. We bought a new one and my husband installed. I have therefore no further need of your service. Please refund my payment. Thank you.

contact customer service