Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2008 Kia Sorento: Yesterday turned on AC and had cool air…

Customer Question
2008 Kia Sorento: *****...

2008 Kia Sorento: ***** ***** on AC and had cool air out on driver vents dash and feet, but 'hot air' on passenger side, one on line post says passenger side 'mode control unit damper' is bad or suck. Where is this located on car? Dash or hood area? LHarp

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Or could a fuse be bad? Where?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I'm electical savy by experience, but not on cars...just found this yesterday on a warm day, had plenty of cool on driver and plenty of heat on passenger sides...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the cabin filter, its OK. Kinda want to see if I can find the electrical check point to see if 12V getting to actuator...for starters...

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Kia
3/30/2018
Kia Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician  replied 20 days ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, yes there is 2 temperature blend door motors, one for each side of the car. You should be able to see the passenger side one with the glove box down and removed as shown. Remove the actuator and inspect the door and replace the actuator if the door looks ok.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician