Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Won't start. I had someone tell me it may be the fuel pump…

Customer Question
Won't start Mechanic's Assistant:...

Won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes i had someone tell me it may be the fuel pump but not for sure

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2010 kia forte

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?

The guy has sprayed something unz

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have disconnected the fuel pump & reconnected it & it worked for two days then cut off again

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Kia
3/30/2018
Kia Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician  replied 3 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, are there any flashing warning lights on when you try to start the vehicle? Do you hear the fuel pump come on when you cycle the key and crank the engine? WIll it run a few seconds if you spray carb cleaner into the intake?

the warning lights come on didn't check to see if I heard the pump come on & yes it will run for a few seconds when I sprayed the cleaner

Ok then as long as there isnt an issue with a factory security system disabling the fuel pump, it sounds like a failed pump since it will run with the carb cleaner. Very you have power and ground to the fuel pump or jump power and ground to it, if it wont run, replace the pump.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Do you need more help with this concern?