Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Fuse blew for the driver side windows replaced it and when I…

Customer Question
Fuse blew for the...

Fuse blew for the driver side windows replaced it and when I did the drivers side window went down and now it won't go back up

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

I didn't check the other one just the one on the drivers side

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2013 sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took the door panel off tried reconnecting everything and even took apart the switch and nothing seemed out of the ordinary

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
3/30/2018
Kia Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Have you pulled back the rubber boot between the door and the body and looked for broken wires?Do you have the memory seats and LCD dash? If you do then you can use the key fob to roll the windows up and down with the key fob I believe.
There's info on that in the owner's manual. I would try that with the switch removed to see if you can verify that the motor is good.Basically on this model it doesn't appear you have a body control module that controls the windows and that's further backed up by the fact that you have separate fuse for each window, as vehicles that have comfort module or body control module that controls the windows generally only have one power window fuse.That means that the power window motor is a control module on its own, and the most likely problem is that the motor itself is faulty.If you have a voltmeter I can walk you through testing to see if the window switch is faulty, or if it's the motor/regulator assembly.Otherwise, you may try the switch assembly just simply because it's cheaper, but I think the most likely issues that the window motor itself is faulty. A faulty switch shouldn't be able to blow the fuse for the motor because the motor controls the logic for the system and should have deactivated the motor regardless of the switch position.If I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because it's the only way I get paid.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-ups even after accepting.
When I took the window motor off and push the window back up by hand and reattached everything and turned the car on the window rolled itself down about 4 inches and then wouldn't go back up or further down