Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2013 kia rio engine codes 7e8e and 789atdo you know what…

Customer Question
2013 kia rio engine...

2013 kia rio engine codes 7e8e and 789atdo you know what they are

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

It reset but i believe the first code was 7e8 eingine and the second was 789 a/t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just reset code to duplicate when and if it comes on again.....drive 30-60 miles everyday....85-95 mph hve done so since car had 2 miles.....54000 on odometer now...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car gets 31 mpg at 90 mph runs 3500 rpm

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 3 days by:
3/31/2018
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

These aren't fault codes, these are your code reader's designations for the engine controller and transmission control module. You'd need to enter each of these modules from the menu to read fault codes from them if you have a warning light on.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

9
It looks like you tried to reply but there isn't a post from you here.