Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My horn and cruise all of a sudden don't work. 2006

Customer Question
My horn and cruise...

My horn and cruise all of a sudden don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2006 Sportage

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am trying The fuse for horn looks ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Only for the fuse location

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Kia
3/27/2018
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 28 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! Did you loose all functions on your steering wheel?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The only things I have noticed is the horn and the cruise. The blinkers and lights are working.

ok more than likely you have a clock spring broken, are you fixing this yourself?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I was going to try to, but I've never heard of that. are special tools needed?

yes, ill get you the removal procedure and then you can see if its something you want to tackle

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q33x05j38b1z8r4/mon2.docx?dl=0

Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 19 days ago

hello did you get the procedure ?

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician