Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Changed batteries. now fob won't work. 2004 optima LX.

Customer Question
Changed batteries. now fob...

Changed batteries. now fob won't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2004 optima LX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying too. Battery died. Changed battery. have power but need to re-program remote.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Kia
3/26/2018
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 3 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

You likely do need to reprogram the remote back to the car.

Do you have access to equipment to program the remotes?

no

Ok. To have the remote program you will need to stop by the dealer so they can use the scan tool to save the remote to the car.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Hi. DId you get my last response?

My chat tells me you are viewing my responses. Why are you not replying? If you have no more questions on this issue then please just rate my assistance with the stars above and we can close out this chat. Or you can decide to bookmark this page and come back in the future if you have more questions on this.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!