Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The same issues as this thread. 2011 soul. Think its a fuel…

Customer Question
The same issues as...

The same issues as this thread

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2011 soul

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

Think its a fuel pump?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original to me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Kia
Runs for an hour then dies at idle starts after 20 mins or so
3/24/2018
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

During the 20 minute downtime, have you done any diagnostics at that time to see if your missing injector pulse, ignition spark, or fuel pressure?

No but apparently it's a common issue I just want to know if it's the fuel pump.

Yes, the fuel pump is a highly likely part for this scenario, but diagnosing by testing is the only way to confirm you are doing the correct repair and spending your money wisely.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris