Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Keys locked trunk of optima 17. Also not sure. Pushin the…

Customer Question
Keys locked trunk of...

Keys locked trunk of optima 17

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

Nope also not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pushin the button for the trunk

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
Yea so the keys are locked in the trunk trunk, and the button isnt releasing the latch for the trunk door, i dont see any buttons to access the trunk
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
Kia Mechanic: Jake, Collision Technician replied 4 months ago
Jake
Jake, Collision Technician

if your trunk release at the steering wheel will not work, the emergency trunk release is a cable at the drivers side of the passengers seat. You pop the plastic cap off by the headrest and pull the release cable.

if you can't get in the car at all, then you have no choice but to call a locksmith obviously.