Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Cannot unlock the front passenger door of my 20111 kia

Cannot unlock the front...

Cannot unlock the front passenger door of my 20111 kia sorento. i can use the handle if the door is unlock. in order to get in on the passenger side i have to open it from the inside.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sorento?

2911

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went to a body shop and they change the module in the door. They brought it to a kia dealer and they could not fix it.

3/22/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

A bulletin was released to replace the door latch with an updated/improved latch assembly.The bulletin number is ***** is a customer satisfaction bulletin that is covered under warranty by the dealer to replace at no cost to you.

If they did not check into having the latch replaced this needs to be done.I suspect the latch assembly is the cause and is most common.

The linkage leading from the outside door handle needs to be inspected as well to see if the handle needs replaced or any linkage from the handle needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician