Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2016 kia optima blind spot light no mirrors not working to…

Customer Question
2016 kia optima blind...

2016 kia optima blind spot light no mirrors not working to warn you a car is their, sound work,light light up 3 seconds when you turn on key.light on switch doesn't light up either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Key is fine,everything works except blind spot lights on mirrors.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Car was hit in rear end, changed rear harness & 2 back up sensors,checked fuses all ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Kia
3/22/2018
Kia Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Are you an automotive shop or are you just a customer? You're going to need to interrogate the control module that controls the blind spot monitoring with a professional-quality scan tool it probably has to be reset, even doing an alignment on most modern vehicles with blind spot monitoring requires you to reset the blind spot monitoring.
IT HAS TO GO TO DEALER FOR THIS.
It doesn't necessarily need to go to the dealer, but unless you want to spend $1,000 on a scan tool, or you know somebody with a high end tool like a Snap On Modis or Solid, it needs to go to a shop.