Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2003 kia Sedona dead battery good cables good got nothing…

2003 kia Sedona dead battery...
2003 kia Sedona dead battery good cables good got nothing
3/22/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Just to be clear, you have no electrical power to the car at all?

Correct 2 weeks ago I started it ran a few seconds .It shut off Tried starting in sparked on battery cable I cleaned posts and cables charged it got nothing .Took battery lady checked it said its ok.Im no whiz with meters I turned key on moved it all around got nothing took all fuses checked every one . moved all the larger ones nothing Don't know how to check main relay Put meter on on it no reading nothing.I called everyone I could find nobody had an answer . Jus said bring it in well check it.After the battery whats in between battery and fuse box. Was reading some comments .Saw one person had the same thing happen. But they didn't say what they did.Paid a grand few weeks ago Put number 3 coil in . Then a few days laterstarted acting funny Lite popped on Check engine . But that went off . They put plugs and wires on also.They have now where they come to your house and repair your auto. Told them . Got a message they did not have an answer. Really I'm disabled ,handicapped , Vietnam vet you would think they would want to help Got ripped off stole about 10 grand tools,saws.air brush . Then last nite neighbor came over with a friend they did it to me also.Butt head kept knocking glass things and broke them.I go to Goodwill daily and been buying things I think I can flip,Havent been out of the house for long time.
whats the something about crankshaft position relay. all right ill go out side and wait .Wheres the regulator for the electrical. Could they accidently have done something.ok ill be ready in a few minutes.Its weird friends don't want to help cause all these are doing drugs. They steal to support their habits the lady i tried to help had 1 child taken. now they continue moving to stay clear of welfare agents. Her husband is her cousin The boy that was taken was with yet another cousin Whats wrong with all these dopers

I am sorry I wasn't on to get the reply right away.

So, the car has power from the battery, but then it won't have it and then it is coming back again on its own?

Am I understanding your situation correctly?

Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
Phone call session started
I'm sure hoping we are able to resolve this. Need A BEER oops I mean Pepsi . The other comments one said alternater .I think this car has had at least three .No the battery is charged . Like I said I cant find any thing any where. I don't think its getting even to the fuse box.There is nothing from the battery is fairly new.Im getting ready to kick it.Auto has been very good car but I'm wonderingDad bought it both parents passed and I get leftovers no only joking ive been very lucky.That I got to remain here with them .I worked at Borg Warner in Rockford Il for 17 years but decided to come here in Sc. to be with them.

Ok, it does seem like you are losing power to the main fuse box. I would check the main 120 amp fusible link. Make sure it's bolted in nice and tight and the positive connection from the battery to the fuse box is good. If it is, then I would replace the fuse box. It would seem there is an internal issue preventing the battery power to the box. If the cable is good, then that would point to the box being bad.

Ok ill go outside and see what I can do,You going be here for a while right.

Yes, and if there isn't any power right now, really look at that main fusible link. If it's blown it will take out all of the electrical. If you got a spark then it might have happened.

I work till 7 pm eastern time.

Mike V was very helpful trying to assist me and making sure we checked all options. I'm sure ill be back for wonderful sevice thanks to all ill be asking more later on.