Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

From low beam won't work, Kia Rio 2014, Yes, New bulb check…

Customer Question
From low beam won't...

From low beam won't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

Kia Rio 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

New bulb check fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Only the one under the hood

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Kia
3/20/2018
Kia Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician  replied 1 month ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do your high beams function properly?

I understand. If you have check the fuse for the low beams already, then the issue that you will be having, since both low beams are out, is more than likely going to be a faulty relay for the low beams. This relay is also located in the engine room fuse box. Just a moment, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see any relay for the low beams

This is because it is integral to the fuse box. One moment, please.

Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the headlamps on this vehicle.

I have highlighted the areas of concern.

Here, I am attaching the location information for the relay. You will need to have this component replaced in order to cure the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That relay control the low beams only?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can the relay be tested?

Yes. You are correct. The relay is located inside of the fuse box.

In order to test this relay, a capable scan tool will be needed to perform bi-directional functioning.

Other than this, the box will need to be disassembled.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know the part #?

Let me check.

I am sorry. That information is not listed. For the most updated part information, you will need to contact the dealer.

None of the fuses that you see is a relay. The relay is inside of that black box with the yellow tag. This box will need to be removed and disassembled.

Here, is the inside diagram to give you a clear understanding. This shows the location of the relay.

Here is the complete information for the last information attached.

If you have any further questions, please, do not hesitate to ask. Also, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Have a great day.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician