Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have recently purchased a 2016 KIA Sedona SXL for our

Hello, My name is...

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I have recently purchased a 2016 KIA Sedona SXL for our family. I have a need to install 2 anchor points for attaching a bungee to secure my daughter's wheelchair, placed in the compartment behind the 3rd seat. How do I remove, and replace, the carpeted panels (KIA Part No. 89731 & 89730B) to see how to best attach the new anchor points?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona SXL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,I am doing this myself. I was able to remove the small plastic bag holders, KIA Part No, 89630), but that did not same to help with the removal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

3/18/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Thank you. Do you understand my question?

I beleive I do. To remove that lower carpeted panels, the left and right side trim in the rear needs to be removed first.

My KIA dealer provided me a copy of a page out of the KIA illustrated parts breakdown defining the area in question. I can send you a copy so we will be on the same page. I do not see any side trim in the area in question.
No. Can you look up KIA Part No, 89731 and 89730B

No I can not. I am a service technician and do not have parts online access. Show me the picture of the item you want to remove.

Parts circled in red
Did you receive the picture with the parts circled in red? It was attached to my last response.

Ok. You need to remove the screws for the plastic bag holders. Then you need to remove the handle by holding up the handle and removing the cover and the screws. Then there are clips that pops the back board off.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Here is the removal instructions from KIA. Most of the way down is the third row back boards. CLICK HERE

Eric,
The removal instructions you provided is exactly what I was looking for. Thank You.
We can terminate our chat. Good Job.
Regards,
Bob Nazarowski

Thank you. please rate my assistance and have great day

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician