Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My 2011 KIA Sorrento battery discharged and after the

My 2011 KIA Sorrento...

My 2011 KIA Sorrento battery discharged and after the battery was replaced the spedo, lights, turn signal are not working. The other things work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Which one, there are many

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Working on it myself, KIA dealers are 70 mi away. I replaced the battery. There are two fuse areas with many fuses. Can you narrow it down?

THe spedo, tach, turn signals, other gages, and lights do not work. Other things are working
3/14/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete

3.5 Liter V-6
Can you tell me what fuse to check and where it is located?
the phone service here is spotty

Locate fuses MODULE 2 ( 10 amp ) and ROOM LP ( 10 amp ) in the IPM fuse panel.See if either of these is blown needing replaced.Below is a layout of this panel to check these 2 fuses.I suspect one is most likely blown.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsg1rlnbge50e0n/ipm-03-14.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I checked both and neither one was blown. Are there others to check?

Those are the only fuses I see for this issue here.Try disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it and see if these components then works.In some cases this will reset the fault correcting this issue.If it does not work let me know.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
I tried all the suggested actions but nothing changed. Now a unusual Icon showed up on the warning area and check engine and*****..which I don't have. Any recommendations?
Everything else works except for the gages I described previously.

The only other thing I see as a possible cause here is an issue with the instrument cluster assembly itself.If the cluster shorted out internally or received a voltage surge this issue occurs and the instrument cluster assembly has to be replaced as an assembly.In some cases it can be removed and sent in for repair by a dealer.

Thanks Pete