Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2012 Sorento drivers door won't lock with fob or key. All…

2012 Sorento drivers door...

2012 Sorento drivers door won't lock with fob or key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes all other doors lock, unlock with fob but drivers door goes back to unlock. and won't lock with key

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all doors and hatch to make sure they were closed and manually latched door while open to makeep sure latch works. I'm thinking it is a door switch like door jam switch

Answered in 1 day by:
3/13/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Will the door lock with the power door lock switch inside the door?

no the lock goes back to unlock everytime and also cycles when put in gear. lock unock lock unlock and stays unlocked. It act as if a door is open or the key is still in the ignition. It won't let it lock

Can you manually lock it, and will it stay?

No it automatically unlocks

I believe the IPM is faulty or the 2 turn relay is bad and this is commanding the lock to continue unlocking. Here is the wire diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tu26disvlpifcp4/IPM.pdf?dl=0 The way to diagnose is not an easy one being it has to be done so at wire connectors to both module/relay centers.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician